Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Facelift

Little old Glory got a facelift this weekend. She sure was sagging, someone was bound to fall through at some point. Ryan's parents came and helped us with this project and my parents took the big boys for the weekend. We're thankful for all the helping hands!
Before Facelift

  There was a mound of bricks and concrete under the porch. We took advantage of the excavator while it was still here ;)

White railing needs to be added and we're all set! In a couple years, I picture a full front porch, but this is great for now!
After Facelift
We finishing getting the floors cleaned up. Ryan worked on the kitchen.

I tackled taking out the upstairs carpeting staples and tack strips, with the help of my sister-in-law.

What's next? I'm going to work hard on getting the nasty cat odor out of the house. I researched a bit and am going to try Bac Out. I use it with Tuck's diapers, so I'm thinking it will help (wishful thinking?) Any other suggestions besides bleach?

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited about this blog!!! I love your projects pictures. Looks like you are working REALLY hard but having a lot of fun with it all!

    ReplyDelete